FLORENCE WALKING TOUR AND UFFIZI GALLERY GUIDED TOUR WITH SKIP THE LINE TICKET
From the Duomo to the Ponte Vecchio: Take a walk with our guide to discover the monuments of the historic center of Florence, a UNESCO Heritage Site, and skip the line to access the legendary Uffizi Gallery.
Our tour starts at the Piazza della Signoria, home of the imposing Palazzo Vecchio, the historic seat of the city government and the place where the artistic disputes of Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci took place. Looking at the admirable works of art under the Loggia dei Lanzi, you will learn about the allegories and the emblem of the symbolic city risen from the Middle Ages. From here, we will reach the famous square of Santa Croce. Its church is famous for the funerary monuments of Dante Alighieri, Michelangelo, Galileo Galilei and many other illustrious Italians.
Following the external path of the Vasari Corridor, we will cross the picturesque Ponte Vecchio. Famous for the unique goldsmith shops that frame the bridge on both sides, it was rebuilt after the tragic flood of 1966. Our next destination will be the wonderful Palazzo Pitti — home to the Medici family and later the King of Italy.
Your guide will then show you the most authentic part of Florence: the Oltrarno and the neighborhoods of S. Frediano and Santo Spirito. World-known for their artisan shops, the districts boast some ancient tower houses that have remained intact to this day.
From the Ponte Santa Trinita we will reach Via Tornabuoni, the street considered to be Florence’s “Fashion Salon”, and Palazzo Strozzi, a sumptuous example of splendid Renaissance architecture.
After a stop in the Piazza della Repubblica, our guided tour will continue towards the heart of Florence: the Piazza del Duomo. Admire the colorful marble decoration of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore with Brunelleschi’s stunning Dome and Giotto’s Bell Tower, and take in the precious golden tiles of the Baptistery’s Paradise Gate.
While the streets of Florence are quite the open-air museum, some of the world’s most precious and famous art is home in one of the city’s galleries: Thanks to your “Skip the Line” ticket, your guide will lead you past the entrance queues and straight into the Uffizi Gallery. As you enjoy the premium view over Florence from the museum’s windows, you will learn more about the Medici family, who used to have their offices here. Not only did they own the largest collection of Renaissance paintings in the world — as you look at the portraits of the different family members, you will learn how they have changed and shaped the history of Florence.
Starting with the works of Giotto, we will admire the masterpieces of the most important artists of the Renaissance. From the different interpretations of “The Birth of Venus”, Botticelli’s “Spring” and the enigmatic works of Leonardo da Vinci to the construction of the Vasari Corridor: Your guide will let you in on the cultural, historical, and political phenomena that shaped the Florentine Renaissance.
Our tour will end on the museum’s terrace. Take a break over a cappuccino and enjoy the spectacular views over the Piazza della Signoria and Brunelleschi’s Dome — your museum ticket will be valid all day, giving you more than enough time to return to and admire your favorite works of art.
What’s included in the tour:
- One-language tour conducted by a certified tourist guide;
- Earphones to clearly follow the guide’s explanations;
- Walking tour through the historic center of Florence;
- Guided tour through the Uffizi gallery;
- Ticket booking and priority access to the Uffizi Gallery;
- “Skip the Line” ticket;
- Assistance with the museum entrance (disabled entrance guaranteed).
What’s NOT included in the tour:
What you will do on the tour:
- Explore Florence’s historic center on foot (UNESCO World Heritage Site);
- Experience Florence’s vibrant culture and learn about its rich history;
- Discover Florence’s “open-air museum” and its most important sites: Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, Santa Croce, the Vasari Corridor, Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Pitti, Palazzo Strozzi, Piazza della Repubblica, and the Piazza del Duomo;
- Learn about the Medici family’s influence over Florence;
- Visit the world’s biggest collection of Renaissance art at the Uffizi Gallery with your “Skip the Line” ticket;
- Marvel at the masterpieces by some of the world’s most famous artists such as Giotto, Botticelli, or Leonardo da Vinci;
- Enjoy some of the best views over Florence.
- Duration: around 4 hours
- Languages: Italian, English (additional languages optional upon request)
- Meeting Point:
- Available: Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday – Friday – Saturday – Sunday
Enter the code 796B977E to get the discount on the tour.